Strictly speaking, you don't delete a page, because then it would be impossible to change your mind if you made a mistake. Instead we provide a way for you to remove them from public view.
- Ensure you are logged in.
- Navigate to the page you want to remove
- Click on the 'Edit' button. You will be taken to the edit form.
- Scroll down to the options at the bottom of this form.
- On the left, in blue, you see various options. Click on the link 'Publishing Options'.
- This will open a small list of tick boxes.
- Un-tick the box next to 'Published'.
- Click 'Save'.
The page will be visible to you when you are logged in, but it will not be generally visible to members of the public.
If you are certain that you want to permanently delete a slide, please send us a support request.
Warning on removing pages
Think very carefully before you remove a page from view because it can create broken links and errors on your site if you are not careful.
If you have linked to this page from another page in your site, you need to edit that page to remove the link before you Unpublish the page.
Search engines and other sites may also have links to that page. You can't really control this, but you should be aware of that possibility. If the page you are removing is a bit obscure and not doing anything for you, then probably removing it won't cause much of a problem.
If removing a page is in the context of a significant reorganisation of all the pages on your site, this is also ok to do, but we recommend that you contact us and discuss what you want to do, and we can help you manage that process so that it doesn't adversely affect your site's visibility on Search Engines.
If you have a really popular page, we do not recommend removing it. Ask us to help you find a better solution.